It was an early call time for the Covetique editorial team with the sun just rising over the luxe Georgian town houses in London’s Notting hill. Shooting our editorials for Spring/ Summer we headed to what would be our base for the day, a lavish apartment in a towering white block building filled with Bauhaus inspired furnishings and plenty of coffee to get us started.
The concept was Parisian cool meets Park Lane polish and our model for the day was the gorgeous Coco Knight, which the team promptly set about teasing her never-ending blonde tresses into voluminous cascading waves.Ambitious as always, we set about styling the mammoth 12 looks comprising of gorgeous Celine box bags, signature prints from Pucci and McQueen, plenty of colour-pop statements from DVF and Marni, tactile tailoring from Stella and of course lashings of glam offerings from Lanvin and Mouret. If only we could take them all home!
With the archetypal British rain holding off for the morning the atmosphere was tense but lively, with the team never far away with an umbrella … or two!
A blur of to-die-for pre-owned luxury and more quick changes than any of us could count and a fashion weary Covetique editorial team were done and ready to hang up their hats!
Whether you just add a touch or fully indulge, snakeskin will energise your style and set you up for an edgy, luxe look. Pair accessories with a crisp white tailored shirt, or a vibrant waist belt with a simple, elegant shirt dress, or even wear snakeskin print with tonal knits to emulate the styling at Michael Kors SS14. With so many ways to wear the trend, it can only be an investment to join in.
'I like my money right where I can see it, hanging in my closet.’ -Carrie Bradshaw
In the age old struggle of moving from quantity to quality, a wardrobe detox is the perfect way to cleanse your wardrobe (& your mind) of all those unworn pieces that you and I both know aren’t going to see the light of day again. Now with a deep breath & coffee in hand, lets make space & money for all those future purchases.
8 Tips on How to Detox your Wardrobe
1. Sort. Ideally you should only keep the clothes that you are currently wearing in your wardrobe. Remember less is more – you can see what you have, mix & match more efficiently & keep your clothes in better condition.
2. List. Once you’ve organized your clothing, list the items that you have & that are missing from your wardrobe.
3. Get Organised. Organise your wardrobe in a way that reflects how you get dressed. Keep clothes in one area & accessories in another. You usually pick out accessories & outerwear last so keeping them in one place also helps with time management. Put anything out of season in storage. Having winter clothing in a summer wardrobe just acts as a distraction. Having clothes that are season appropriate will make choosing your outfits much easier.
4. Smart Storage. Use hooks to store accessories, add shelf dividers & create a separate space.
5. New Buys. Try to make considered new purchases. Consider whether it’s a trend piece or an investment piece. Investment pieces & basics are worth spending a little more on. If it’s a trend piece you might get one season out of maybe look to the high street for the best version.
6. Selling. For items you are clearing out divide them into piles – bin bag, charity pile & those designer pieces you can sell on.
7. What to Sell?
Does it suit your style? Are you wearing clothes you no longer feel comfortable in?
Evaluate your lifestyle honestly. Do the contents of your wardrobe match your lifestyle? Work out how much of your life you spend doing what & identify the types of clothes you need for those activities.
Learn what colours suit you. Sell it if the colour doesn’t suit your skin tone.
Be realistic about your body shape. Which parts of your body do you want your clothes to highlight & which parts do you want to disguise? Discard the items that don’t do the job.
What Items Sell Best?
Items should be in immaculate condition, especially clothing. We all have those pieces in our wardrobe that have tags or got one wear.
Handbags are the number one seller for Covetique, especially in iconic labels like Chanel & Hermes.
Contemporary & on trend items .
Classic, investment pieces like a Burberry trench coat or Mulberry Alexa bag.
8. Top Tip: When trying on outfits you like, take a photo of yourself & keep a folder on your phone of all your favourite looks. One for work & one for weekend. You can then scroll through & pick a favourite look for each day. Also means you don’t forget pieces that are at the back of your wardrobe.
Currently Coveting: This water resistant coated Juicy Couture trench coat. The perfect trans-seasonal statement to see you through those tricky in between months. Anchor the vivid chestnut hue against faded indigo denim & a chunky knit.